Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities.
It is our mission to help all people realize their full potential through relevant programs and services that have an impact that is DEEP, resulting in a change in the way they see themselves and the world; BROAD, extending beyond individuals to their families and communities; and LONG-LASTING, outlasting the time spent with us.
It is our mission for every VOALA program to encourage positive development, promote self-sufficiency, and foster independence.
It is our mission to implement innovative programs with continual improvements resulting from ongoing evaluations.
It is our mission to find solutions to social problems and to pioneer new approaches that will create positive and lasting change.
All people have tremendous capacity for increased insight and self-sufficiency.
The real success of our work relies on compassion and an innovative approach to INNATE HEALTH: the inherent potential in everyone to lead more fulfilling and productive lives; and to THE POWER OF STORY: the knowledge that our life experiences shape the stories we tell about ourselves, and that these stories directly influence the choices we make and the way we live our lives.
6 FUNDAMENTALS THAT GUIDE US IN EVERYTHING WE DO every single day
• Cultivating an AWARENESS of our stories helps us recognize the impact they have
• Developing the ABILITY to reframe our stories can help us authentically transform our lives
• Focusing on our STRENGTHS will help us access and reinforce our innate health
• Taking RESPONSIBILITY for our actions is necessary to become productive members of society
• Being of service and GIVING opens us to self-empowerment and unconditional love
• Knowing that increased HAPPINESS is attainable for everyone gives us hope and faith